Monday, May 26, 2008

A Season For Poetry Vol. 2

Heart Scribbles

I wrote you a song today,
About how I love you
And how I love your way,
How I will love you tomorrow
And how I loved you yesterday,
But it doesn't matter what I say
You'll never hear it.
It doesn't matter if I finish it,
Work the glitches
Fix the tempo
I should spare the stitches,
And just let it go.

AND

I wrote you a letter today,
With words so sweet
Of my hope so true,
How I long to be back
On the shore with you,
But no matter how much I write,
by sun, moon or candlelight.
I'll never send it.
It doesn't matter if I see the Postman,
I'll keep it hidden
Like only I can.
Because a song is just a poem with music added in
And a letter is just a dream thought up by a pen,
Neither of them are worth your attention
But I'll dry off these pages,
And write them again.

No comments: