Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Season for Poetry Vol. 1


Masquerade de Adoration


Our masks are on,
Both inside and out,
But the false faces we dawn
Just add to my doubt.
The music begins,
The dancers are set
With you in my arms, I'll never forget.
You smile at me and I respond with a nod,
You ask me what's wrong since I am acting so odd
I turn to you and firmly respond
"I am asking you one last time,
Through one last poem
With one last rhyme,
My eyes are sore,
My cheeks are wet,
You asked for more,
And this is all I have left,
Where do we stand?"
I ask with a grin.
Afraid of the answer,
You're forming within.
"Your move, my beloved.
So take your time,
try not to rush it.
I'll give you this chance
to end this dance,
to be the midnight
of this ball,
For I refuse to continue
Hand in Hand
this heart-swollen waltz
on this dance floor of sand.
So tell me,
True or False?
Will you take my hand
or Will you take my heart?
But remember,
You'll take it all,
If and when we part"
And then,
You sigh
With no reply.
You pull away
Nothing to say.
And as abruptly
As it started.
It Ends.



~And to think I thought you were the graceful one~

No comments: