Monday, February 18, 2008

Mundane Monday


I suppose in my life, I can acknowledge that I have (some) weaknesses. But of all my faults, the largest is found in my own attention span. So short...So weak...So easily distracted. (It's like a French man... except the fact...that is in my brain...and it doesn't reek of arrogance.)

You see, As I write this, I am sitting in a class. A class which by my mathematics (which are naturally flawed) is costing me around $250 to sit in. I am literally WASTING my time and money by not listening to my Professor speak his sagacious words of enlightenment.

And frankly, for whatever reason...I just don't care.

Because: Today is Monday, and I suppose the truth is... I hate you Monday.

Why? Because Monday, You are too close to Sunday, and too far from Saturday. I can still vividly recall the fresh freedoms of last Sunday afternoon, as I found myself frolicking through the meadows of my imagination, compared to my current position in the cold and harsh bondage I suffer as a slave to your dull and dank Monday routine.

Which brings me to my secret weekly wish. I wish that once a week, I could press the stop button. And everything around me would halt, and I could walk out of whatever situation I find myself in and go read a comic book or plop on my bed and play Halo 3 until my hands shrivel. Alas...My Time Ceasing Device does not exist...and may very well never.

I'm still writing...and I'm still in the same class. And I wish I could say my interest has peaked, and I must be off to dive head first into the pool of knowledge I have found before me. But frankly...No matter how much this class is costing, and how "Important the information" is...I still just don't care. It's Monday, it's nice outside, and...
I want to frolic dammit!


No comments: