It seems that happiness is my gift to give, but not mine to enjoy.
No matter how many times great things come my way,
I feel the need to pass them on to those who need them more.
And I keep thinking some day I'll hold unto one of those things for myself, "just this once"
...But then again what do I know?
Maybe I'm wrong after all.
Or maybe...everyone else is.
Yeah. I like the last one better too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Perhaps I am understanding you incorrectly, but it sounds like you're putting limits on happiness. Happiness is to be shared. Don't think of it as a single object that you have to either keep for yourself, or pass on.... think of it more as... bunnies. Bunnies multiply like, well, like bunnies!
Happiness is meant to be shared and added to and built upon. Don't limit it!
Post a Comment